What’s new or available in Montana produce this week:
- Baby spinach from Terra Greens
- Local chard from Terra Greens
- Still have Strike Carrots and Amaltheia Beets!
Note - If you are purchasing for schools - there are discounts on the Kale Butternut Squash, Carrots, and Beets.
Root Cellar stands behind all its products so if you are ever dissatisfied with the quality they will credit the invoice so long as it is within 24 hours of the purchase.
11 am Sunday for Tuesday delivery
- 11 am Tuesday for Friday delivery
- 11am Sunday for Wednesday delivery
For Big Sky:
- 11am Sunday for Tuesday delivery
- A note that we will be changing Tuesday’s ordering deadline to Saturday at 2pm starting the beginning of April to accommodate some local harvest changes. I’ll note it above when the change officially changes but just wanted to give plenty of notice.
As always please contact them if you have questions or concerns about a product, or just want to say hello! Their produce is on a first come first serve order schedule to be fair, so submit your orders as soon as possible, again either by phone or by email.
About Root Cellar Foods: From Root Cellar Foods
Appetite comes with a conscience these days. The demand for delicious, fresh foods is accompanied by a commitment to reducing the distance between farm and fork. That’s where we come in. Root Cellar Foods turns locally grown vegetables into ingredients that large-scale consumers – from grocery stores to restaurants – can use to prepare meals for customers. Farmers do the planting, growing, and harvesting. We do the chopping, shredding, and slicing. Our processed, packaged foods allow consumers to enjoy Montana-grown vegetables not only during the growing season but all year long.
Root Cellar Foods is a team of three people who are deeply connected to the local food market. Dean Williamson and Christina Angell (co-owners) along with Lauren Lenz, have combined experience in food production, processing efficiency, and distribution. Each partner is firmly rooted and widely networked in the area. We do business with local farms that grow everything from cabbage and carrots to spinach and squash. We work quickly to ensure freshness; vegetables are prepped and packaged within 24 to 72 hours of harvest.